Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Thoughts on the Concentration Camp

Visiting this site was very sobering. There was a mixture of feelings for me. Darkness,repulsiveness and extreme anger because of the evil men that would do this sort of thing. Reverence,compassion and sorrow for those who were tortured,confined,or lost their lives. Relief & gratitude for the United States Military helping these people.

It is hard to send my son off to war. As I viewed the pictures of the military rescuing these people and destroying the evil government that would allow this to happen I understood more the need for our military to go to war. The US entered Iraq to conquer a government who had threatened weapons of mass destruction and who sympathized with terrorists. They have been able to capture and kill Saddam Hussein who was an evil man, who tortured, taxed, oppressed and killed his people. They are helping to rebuild, set up schools, and form a democratic government. The US overthrew the Taliban government who did the same in Afghanistan. They were harboring the very terrorists who seek to destroy the United States, who were responsible for 9/11. The military continues our fight. We need righteous and good men fighting for our country. I'm grateful for a brave, strong son who is willing to do that for us. I worry about him, I love him, but I know that what he is doing is necessary and the Lord will be watching over him.

No comments: